Monday, October 31, 2005
New Kicks
I’d placed some frozen butter (don’t ask…) in a fridge to defrost overnight, but in the morning, with my toast, erm… toasting well it sill felt a bit hard. “I know!”, I muttered, “I’ll us that newfangled microwave thing to make it a bit softer”. I shuffled over to this contraption, and but the solid pat in. “I’ll just put it on for a minute”, said young, naive I, “Then it’ll be nice and soft”. I placed it on a plate, and in it went. Distracted by the aroma of carbonising bread, I left it for the full minute. When it cane out, it didn’t seem to be full of lovely soft butter, rather, some not too nice looking liquid. On closer examination, it seemed that the butter had melted, and although the thick paper of the packaging held some of its shape, it sagged and leaked distinctly. Panicking, I rushed the ghee like substance to the freezer, and, in the absence of any traditional toast condiment, had to go with sweet mango chutney. Well, it was either that or sun–dried tomato paste.
I hope you have been entertained.